Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Partagas 898V - '02

Tonight I decided to enjoy a smoke given me by a fellow BOTL, to mark the end of my Thanksgiving holiday: a Partagas 898 (Varnished) from '02. It looked quite majestic, though had a few wrapper peels, though this is not surprising since it is pushing 8 years old.

Smoking outside tonight with some cold water, another quick review as I am smoking sin-laptop.

This smoke was beautiful right from the cut. Burn was nice for the most part, and it went out once or twice, though due impart to the conversation I was having with a friend. Initially the draw had a nice tug to it, though was far from plugged as I thought it may be. Flavors consisted of spice and nuttiness in the background to a mild but complex coffee note. The coffee became more robust through the smoke, and the spice went in and out and the creamy beginning gave way to a more 'rustic' flavor as the stick progressed. I would definitely describe this as a classic Cuban cigar. Depite the bitterness at the end, I would give this stick an 88 rating, and it is something I will certainly be trying to get more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment