Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Illusione Epernay Le Ferme

Haven't had the time to smoke too much lately (actually taking a break from studying right now), but since it was a nice day out I figured I'd light something up and relax. Had this smoke for a few months now, and was excited to light up the Epernay Le Ferme by Illusione. It is a corona gorda sized cigar sporting a smooth Rosado wrapper.

The pre-light flavor was sweet and raisiny, the draw having just a little tug. After lighting, the Le Ferme starts out very smooth, with some spice, nuts, a little sweetness, and an almost Cubanesque twang. Moving farther in, more spicy cedar flavors move to the forefront. The draw has a nice little tug to it, and it is burning pretty well (for being slightly windy out). I seem to keep tasting 'young CC Partagas' as I move on... Odd? Yes. Good? Also yes. Though no clouds of billowy smoke, there is definitely a smooth texture to it. Moving towards the end of the stick, the original sweetness reappears for a curtain call.
While not the most complex cigar, I did enjoy my first Epernay. The flavors were not particularly dynamic, but did have a nice cohesiveness and fit well together. I would rate this an 88 overall, give or take a few points. I'll be looking forward to trying some other sizes in this line, but will be back for more of the Le Ferme.

No comments:

Post a Comment