Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Viaje Holiday Blend

I was given this by a very generous BOTL, and decided to light it up tonight as I was feeling pretty 'Christmassy!' If you haven't heard about this yet, the Holiday Blend is a very limited release for the holiday season (only 100 boxes of 30). Not sure if this will be a yearly smoke, but I certainly hope so. This stick has a beautiful leathery wrapper and a slightly oval shape which was interesting. The wrapped foot was pretty awesome too!


It started off with a great draw, on the lighter side, and billows of smoke. The initial flavors provided a blast of cedar and wood for a strong, full bodied smoke. Spice and toastiness brought up the rear and rounded the flavor out. Construction for this smoke was impeccable, and the ash was tight with nice layers on it. I was impressed by pretty much everything about this cigar, from construction, to draw, to ash, and flavor. The second half did get a bit of an ashy, but i really enjoyed this down to the nub. No doubt a full flavored, 'meaty' smoke. The ash only dropped twice throughout the entire stick too which was awesome! I would have to rate this stick a 90, which could have been higher if the flavors hadn't gotten a bit ashy- some age should take care of that!


I'm disappointed that these were not more readily available, as I would love to have gotten some more. Definitely going on my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment