Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Liga Privada Flying Pig

Drew Estates came out with the Liga Privada line in the last year or so, one of their few non-flavored lines, which immediately made a splash in the cigar world. One of the special releases in this line was the 'Flying Pig,' a pigtailed 4 1/8 x 60 perfecto which was made in small quantities. I loved this cigar when it first came out last year, and was lucky enough to grab a few. Tonight is a perfect cigar smoking night, and the Flying Pig's leathery, almost black wrapper caught my eye when I went for a smoke. I'm looking forward to seeing what a bit of age has done to this funky little stick!

Smoking outside tonight with some water. Cut is a Palio and lit with matches.

The initial puffs of the Pig have notes of cedar, earth and some dark chocolate, though the overall flavors and body are more medium than I remember. The burn is a bit awkward at the end of the perfecto though soon straightened out, and the draw is spot on. As I move towards the second third, the flavors open up a bit more as the complexity bumps up a notch and some spice starts up. Later on, the spice picks up with some rich, complex, earthy flavors, and more sweet/bitter chocolate. The construction remained fantastic throughout, and I would rate this stick a solid 91. I think the humidor time really made these great instead of just good, and I am happy I still have a few left. Definitely grab a few if you're able!

No comments:

Post a Comment